Renault has joined the legion of manufacturers offering scrappage schemes to coincide with the new 67-plate registrations that commenced today.
Like most of the other offers already announced, Renault is offering a £2,000 allowance for any Euro 4 (or older) part-exchange vehicles against selected new Renault LCVs.
The offer is available to any part-exchange vehicle, as long as it is a Euro 4 vehicle registered no later than 31 December 2009. All of the vehicles part-exchanged under the Renault scrappage scheme will be scrapped rather than re-sold.
The £2,000 scrappage offer applies to Renault Trafic, Master and Kangoo (not including the ZE electric version) models. Renault passenger cars are also included in the offer, which we are covering over at our sister site, The Car Expert.
The scrappage allowance (which replaces a normal part-exchange valuation) is able to be used in conjunction with existing offers, meaning possible savings of over £7,000 on a new Master, for example.
- This offer is a part-exchange allowance, for selected used vehicles part-exchanged against selected new vans.
- Your current vehicle can be from any brand, but must be built to Euro 4 emissions standard or earlier. This will definitely be vehicles built no later than 2009, although some cars had Euro 5 specification engines earlier than this.
- You must be the owner of the part-exchange vehicle and the buyer of the new van (same name and registered address).
- You must have owned the old vehicle for at least 90 days, to stop people buying an old banger for £200 and then getting a £2,000 part-exchange allowance for it.
- The scrappage price is fixed for any car or van part-exchanged as part of the scheme, not an allowance on top of the vehicle’s value. You are effectively getting nothing for your vehicle, but a discount on the new van (although it won’t be written that way on the contract).
- Dates have not yet been issued by Renault, but most rival offers run until 31 December 2017. We will update this information as soon as we have it.
- This offer can be used on top of any other offers from the dealer/manufacturer/finance company.
- The offer is not dependent on you taking any finance package or other products.