Ford has announced a scrappage scheme for older (pre-Euro 5) vehicles, with a £2,000 part-exchange allowance against selected Transit models.
Several manufacturers are offering similar schemes for passenger cars, but Ford is the first manufacturer to offer a scrappage scheme for LCVs in the UK.
Ford is offering a £2,000 part-exchange allowance against selected new Transit, Transit Custom, Transit Connect and Transit Courier models. There is also a similar offer on selected Ford passenger car models, which we are covering over at The Car Expert.
Any pre-Euro 5 petrol or diesel (or any other fuel) vehicle can be used to claim the allowance. This means most cars registered prior to 2010 will be eligible.
Ford also promises that all vehicles part-exchanged under the new offer will be scrapped rather than re-sold.
The offer kicks off in line with the new number plate change on 1 September, and cars must be registered by 31 December.
The Ford scrappage scheme offer is in addition to any other promotions and discounts. For example, there is a discount up to £5,000 on selected Transit models currently being offered, which would give a total saving of nearly £7,000.
- This offer is a part-exchange allowance, for selected used cars part-exchanged against selected new vans.
- Your current vehicle can be from any brand, but must be built to Euro 4 emissions standard or earlier. This will definitely be vehicles built no later than 2010, although some had Euro 5 specification engines earlier than this.
- You must be the owner of the part-exchange vehicle and the buyer of the new van (same name and registered address).
- You must have owned the old vehicle for at least 90 days, to stop people buying an old banger for £200 and then getting a £2,000 part-exchange allowance for it.
- You must order your new van and take delivery before the end of the year.
- This offer can be used on top of any other offers from the dealer/manufacturer/finance company.
- The offer is not dependent on you taking any finance package or other products.