Toyota has become the latest manufacturer to offer a scrappage scheme for customers part-exchanging an older vehicle on a new LCV.
Running from 1 September until the end of the year, the Toyota scrappage scheme offers £2,000 off the price of a new Toyota Hilux pick-up or Proace van.
Toyota will accept any vehicle that is at least seven years old, for a fixed £2,000 part-exchange price. There is no exclusion for Euro 5 vehicles, unlike schemes from other brands. The vehicles will be scrapped in accordance with best industry practice.
The full range of Toyota passenger cars is also included in the scrappage scheme, which our sister site The Car Expert is covering.
The allowance is not able to be used in conjunction with any other discount, unlike most other scrappage offers in the marketplace.
- This offer is a part-exchange allowance, for selected used vehicles part-exchanged against selected new LCVs.
- Your current vehicle can be from any brand, but must be at least seven years old.
- You must be the owner of the part-exchange vehicle and the buyer of the new vehicle (same name and registered address).
- You must have owned the old car for at least six months, to stop people buying an old banger for £200 and then getting a £2,000 part-exchange allowance for it.
- The scrappage price is fixed for any vehicle part-exchanged as part of the scheme, not an allowance on top of the vehicle’s value. You are effectively getting nothing for your old vehicle, but a discount on the new LCV (although it won’t be written that way on the contract).
- You must order your new Hilux or Proace, and take delivery, before the end of the year.
- This offer cannot be used on top of any other offers from the dealer/manufacturer/finance company.
- The offer is not dependent on you taking any finance package or other products.